2019 SALE DATE ANNOUNCED
The 2019 Old 2 Gold sale will be held on Saturday morning, June 8 at the 4H Fairgrounds on the south side of South Bend. This is the same location as previous years. Here are the key times:
- 4:00 AM: Parking Opens
- 5:00 AM: Line forms for ticket sales
- 6:00 AM: Ticket sales begin
- 7:00 AM: Sale begins
- 10:00 AM: Sale ends
Here are some links of interest to hep plan your visit:
- Map of the South Bend area (note: 2019 information is the same as 2018)
- Map of the local streets around the 4H Fairgrounds (note: 2019 information is the same as 2018)
- Map of buildings where sale will be held at the Fairgrounds (map will be posted in June 2019)
Here are some tips to make your shopping experience as enjoyable as possible:
- Wear comfortable shoes. The sale is located in multiple buildings on the Fairgrounds property and you should expect to do plenty of walking!
- You are welcome to bring a stroller/dolly/cart to help move around your items.
- Old 2 Gold is a cash only sale. No checks or credit cards.
- An ATM is located on site; however, the lines may be long. You are encouraged to bring cash with you.
- Most items cost under $5. Price lists will be posted in each of the areas.
- Smaller items (clothing, kitchen supplies, etc.) will be bagged and labeled by volunteers in a large bag. Cashiers are located near the exits of each building.
- Bikes are typically the first items to sell out. Bikes may not be brought into buildings where the sale will be held. Take your bike to your vehicle or have a family member wait with your bike outside the sales buildings.
- Electronics are very limited. Do not expect to see iPhones, flat screen TVs, etc.
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions:
What time should I get there?
Most of the serious shoppers will arrive shortly after 4AM once the parking lots open. If you arrive after 8AM, the good stuff will likely already have been sold. Please do not line up before 4AM on the local streets and please do not park in the neighborhood.
Where do I park?
The parking plan is for the same as the 2016 sale: the only entrance for guests will be at Gate 7 off of York Road. Parking is free. Please do not arrive before 4AM and do not park on nearby streets.
How much does it cost to get in?
$5 admission fee per person. Children 6 and under get in free. Parking is free.
Can I drop stuff off at my car and re-enter the sale?
Yes. You may re-enter the sale after dropping stuff off in your vehicle.
Will there be restrooms available?
Yes. Limited restrooms will be available at the Fairgrounds.
Where does the money go?
Profits from the sale are distributed to 20 local service organizations that volunteer their time to set up and operate the sale.
Who donated these items?
Items for the sale have been donated by Notre Dame students.
How can my group volunteer?
Due to the number of volunteers we currently have, Old 2 Gold is not accepting new organizations.
Questions about Old 2 Gold can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.