All Notre Dame students are invited to donate their personal belongings to benefit local non-profit service organizations. On Saturday, June 10, Notre Dame will be hosting its 13th annual Old 2 Gold yard sale where student donations will be sold at a very low cost to local community members. Volunteers from local service organizations sort through all of the donations, set up the items for sale and then operate the sale where thousands of local community members purchase donated items.
How can I donate?
Donation bins are available in and around residence halls through the day after Commencement. Please look for the signs and bins to donate your items.
What types of items are accepted?
Just about any of your belongings can be donated to the sale. The most popular items include:
- Clothing (shirts, jeans, pants, skirts, etc.)
- Athletic equipment
- Board games, cards, etc.
- Books (textbooks, magazines, etc.)
- School supplies (unused pens, pencils, calculators, etc.)
- Plastic storage bins
- Furniture (chairs, end tables, couches, etc.)
- Clothes hangers
- Large electronics (TVs, stereos, computer monitors, etc.)
- Small electronics (headphones, earbuds, video games, etc.)
- Room decor (signs, picture frames, desk organizers, etc.)
- Food (look for specially marked bins for food -- please only donate unopened, non-perishable food)
What will happen to the stuff I donate?
All items will be picked up by University staff and sorted by local volunteers. The items will then be organized for a yard sale which will be held on Saturday morning, June 10. The sale is open to the general public and all items are priced to sell quickly.
What happens to the money that is raised?
All funds that are raised through the sale are donated to more than 20 local service organizations that have volunteered to sort and manage the sale. The University does not keep any of the profits from the sale.
What if I live off-campus?
Students who live off-campus may drop off donations at the Mason Services Building warehouse during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8AM - 4PM). The warehouse is located just north of the NDFCU branch north of campus. Entrance to the warehouse is on the north side of the Mason Services Building.
What if I have questions?
All questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.